Reopening Schools 2020-2021
NHCS is operating under Plan B AA/BB schedule in all grades. Pre-K through grade 5 will transition to Plan A on Monday, March 8, 2021. Grades 6-12 will continue to operate under Plan B AA/BB schedule.
Under Plan A, all elementary students will have the option to choose full-time in-person learning or full-time remote learning. Schools will be contacting parents to verify the attendance option they are choosing for their student.
NHCS families should verify PowerSchool contact information is current to receive Connect 5 phone, email, and text notifications from their schools and the district.
School Arrival Traffic Patterns
- Students who arrive between 8:45 and 9:30, enter the school building through the cafeteria doors. Students who arrive after 9:30 will enter through the front office.
School Arrival Health Screening Procedures
- Students will have their temperature taken and answer a set of screening questions prior to entering the school building. Once students enter the building they will hand in their cell phone, get wanded and receive their breakfast before heading to their homeroom classroom.
Transportation - Student Groupings
- More information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Building Social Distancing Features/Expectation
- Students will eat breakfast and lunch in the classrooms. During transitions between classes students will travel in a single direction in the hallway maintaining the 6 foot social distancing rule. While teachers are being given the opportunity to clean between classes, students will be given the opportunity to use the restroom (one at a time). Non-instructional staff will monitor students in the hallway. Students will be allowed to have a 10 - 15 minute outside break during the day. Certain areas will be designated as "mask off " areas as long as they maintain 6 feet social distancing expectations.
- When a student becomes ill at school, the teacher will call the front office. The designated Covid 19 person will be contacted. The designated person will retrieve the student and escort them to the Covid 19 seclusion room (109). The parent will be called to come pick up the student.
- Students and staff keep on their mask at all times except when they are in a "mask off" area outside, or they are eating or drinking in the classroom while maintaining their 6 feet social distancing.